FEBRUARY 28

1939 11:15 According to the lecturer I heard tonight, there will not be war. I hope he was right - I went down town this morning; bought some new things (also some pink wool anklets!) Ate lunch w. Eleanor  rehearsal... Found out that 20 is too young for the position at F's rather relieved
1940 12:20 Accomplished little - will this jag ever be over - Not if I don't do something it won't...
1941 FRI. GOT HOME ABOUT 6:30... MARY WAS WITH US FOR DINNER TOO... MOTHER + I TALKED ALONE TOGETHER I PERSUADED HER TO SLEEP WITH ME - THANK GOODNESS.
1942 Sat Ah luxury, no Sat. morning class on accounta L.A.U. - Washed my hair + clothes. Met Eleanor this aft. bought her a pr. of rugs. Went over to Donna's about 10:00.
1943 SUN 12:30 (...I'LL NEVER GO TO CARNEGIE AGAIN UNLESS I HAVE A TICKET!) EVEN TO HEAR THE Don COSSACKS. I WROTE TO SHIRLEY THIS MORNING. I FEEL SORRY FOR HER with ALL THE BOYS LEAVING... I WALKED 80 BLOCKS THIS AFT. OVER TO Evelyn Kilsen's AND BACK SHE WASN'T HOME!