MARCH 27

1939 1:45 Intermittently concentrated (?) + dozed. I've got to get this learned I wriggled out of the Philo Fashion Show for Wednesday + out of the Plays Tues.
Ray came after me this morning we went to chapel together
1940 Wed got up about 8:30 intending to go to school. - ate breakfast, took a bath, went back to bed! - It was worth it, I felt swell! Bill had to go without his date tonight... I went with the gals, instead... I wonder how he liked that... It was really quite grim.
1941 THURS - DAY STARTED OUT HELLISH, BUT SOMETHING HAPPENED; I FELT QUITE DECENT ALL DAY AFTERNOON WE PAINTED FLATS TONIGHT WISH THIS JUNK WERE OVER ! ! ! 
1942
1943 SAT. 1:00 PEGGY + I WROTE TO BOB WHO'S JUST COME IN FROM maneuvers IN THE ATLANTIC... HOPE HE CAN COME HERE AGAIN BEFORE HE GOES... HAD rather GOOD MORNING... MET PEGGY FOR LUNCH; DISSIPATED THE AFT. FELT rather SAD FOR A WHILE. LEONARD'S IN THE HOSPITAL, DIDN'T GET ANY of MY LETTERS YET! - ELEANOR'S BEEN SICK, too.