APRIL 3

1939 10:30 (This can't be love because I feel so swell!) R. came after me this morning... went over to the Anchor for coffee + for a ride I went down town this aft + bought a pair of saddle shoes. Took my knitting down + went down to Beache's I'm going to work M W + F aft + Satur. We went to Faulty Fowlies tonight. Then Mick + Marie went riding with us Marie had to be back at the dorm by 10:00
1940 Wednesday Well, I certainly didn't plan on this - The flu, I mean - Went home Wed aft. with a cold got up with this... Acc. O today
1941 11 - Those damn brats! - I just got told to pull my shades down - for the 2nd time... They certainly keep track of me - Gee, if I can just last through tomorrow Today was absolutely FOUL ---
1942 Friday Lonesome, frustrated. Communion tonight seemed somehow not quite what I'd expected. Folks had Zellhoffer for dinner I washed dishes. Mother + I really tore around cleaning the house today... I'm quite dead
1943 SAT 2:00 I NAUSEATE ME... I SHOULD HAVE stayed HOME TONIGHT, INSTEAD OF LETTING Mickie PERSUADE ME TO GO TO A movie... I DID WASH OUT SOME STUFF, THOUGH (WOULD HAVE DONE MORE IF THE WATER'D BEEN HOT) I TOOK ALL AFTERNOON DOWNTOWN TODAY, damn... AND NOW I HAVEN'T GOT MY SHOES!