MAY 10

1939 Wed 11:15 Walked 2 miles in 15 minutes when I made that Shakespeare C. this morning - Ray came over + we listened to "Lights Out" He held Eleanor's hand!
1940 Fri. Finally got a few pages "started" on my book... Went on a steak fry with Jake tonight. He has been surprisingly good... Bill did not call (Why don't I just quit thinking about him? - He was not out tonight I saw a light in his window - )
1941
1942 11:30 I reiterate Mister Payne, we WASTE time. Damn you - Why didn't ya call tonight? Just went to church w/ Mother + Dad + finished my green suit. Judged Photography Contest. 
1943 MON Herman says Scholastic is offering me the Art Job... I saw him after work today. - He is sweet... I'm really sunburned. Mrs. Stote was in this morning... I wrote to Wilmer + to Leonard today... After sitting on a Central Park bench, came home, wrapped Eleanor's gift... Called Lois C. + Barbara S.