MAY 16

1939 Tuesday 10:50 I guess I didn't do so very well - but I'm trying... I felt awfully dopey all day... I started "The Rest of the Way" tonight... Ray came over about 10:00 - He hasn't finished his Term paper!
1940 Thurs 12:00 Worked till 7:30 tonight... the production part of the book is really out of my hands now! I'm tired silly - I guess. Marguerite + I discussed our respective love lives over cokes tonight. - Enlightening discussion
1941 1:00 BOB WAS OVER; NO LEONARD... WE GOT DOWN HERE ABOUT 7:30... I GUESS IT WAS WORTH IT; HOWEVER, I WAS DEFINITELY DISAPPOINTED... I SAW JEAN... (HERE WE GO AGAIN) SHE SAID L. HAD BEEN OVER TALKING - WITH HER AGAIN. SHE THINKS HE'S CRAZY -
1942 A pretty lousy day, if I do say so. About the 7th Consecutive wk-end it's rained. Killed myself looking for a blouse for Peggy... 7:30 exam - ugh... Reception tonight. Fellas got back. Did you call while I was gone ? ? ? 
1943 SUN All I did today was read the Times write to Leonard, the family + D.J. (telling her to come to New York)... Ate breakfast enjoyably - with Ruth McCann and dinner (awful) at Child's tonight... Mickey's home + in Love. She says she's going to Symphony