DECEMBER 3

1939 Sunday 11:30 (I'm really becoming efficient at procrastination + all its afflictions) went to a very good "Thin Man" movie with Sara + Helen + Marguerite - then M. + I came over here and we talked about love, happiness life + marriage - She'd make a swell wife for some man (preferably with money!)
1940 My outlook (pretty bad) improved when Frederick finally called about 9:00 - About Friday. He squared everything okay. - I am happy. Also nuts, I don't want to go out with him - Day was intermittently grim + good - swell 5th person -
1941 12:00 GEE, I hope you can get oop in the morning - Didn't acc. much today. Gee, you're really earning that salary? Went over to Jeane's tonight - We talked (I listened) about HOUSE - FIXED lunch for Mother + guests, both
1942 THURS I WAS OVER AT STERN'S THIS EVENING; MRS. S + BARBARA... I MADE MY BLACK VELVET "HAT" BEFORE I WENT...
1943