DECEMBER 5

1939 Tues 11:00 Coming home from the----------------------
artist series (an actress who-----------------------------------
No Time for Comedy). Bob + I got-----------------------------
valued in life - happiness + future-----------------------------
1940 1:00 Thurs. - Another Grim one. I start out okay. And--
then those darn kids start piling it on. And I forget I wa------
ever supposed to be a school teacher.-------------------------
Gee, I get disgusted with myself.------------------------------
Eleanor's letter leads me to think-----------------------------
Thinks I am pretty serious. Well, I'm--------------------------
1941 1:20 I shall probably be an old hag- good for nothing-
by the time I'm as old as some of those femine---------------
faculty members (Party at Sally's) Don't feel out of place----
with them - Worked on Tempura panel today.--------------
1942 SAT 2:00 STAYED UP TILL LATE WRITING ENLISTMENT SCRIPT FOR THE Navy...
DETERMINED NOT TO LET THE FACT Leonard 
DIDN'T CALL, BOTHER ME; BUT IT DID... I'VE 
FELT cold ALL DAY... WE COULD NOT GET THE 
HOUSE WARM THIS MORNING. IT WAS COLD IN 
THE TOWN CLUB WHERE VIRGINIA, JEANNE + 
BARBARA + I HAD LUNCH -
1943