DECEMBER 4

1939 Mon. 12:00 - We wrote copy for "Picampus" tonight. - Bill + Carp brought me home (they'll probably be writing till all hrs tonight) - Bill asked to bring me home Wed. night from the Philo-Web party! - He's so young! (Swell, though)
1940 1:00 My first experience judging a debate contest - thoroughly enjoyed it (also the $3). I still feel like one of the students; Today was grim. 
1941 - C'est horrible - Guess it was waking up at 7:45 - When I had an 8:00 that started things out right. - Came home this afternoon + slept
1942 FRI - GEE, THAT'S THE BEST PHILO-Web PARTY I'VE ever BEEN TO... Lee HAD FUN too. HE SENT ME 2 HUGE GARDENIAS... I WORE Eleanor's FORMAL and MY HAIR UP... WE NOT ONLY DANCED all EVENING, BUT HAD SHERRY WITH OUR MEAL. CAME BACK and ATE SOME of PHILIP'S Birthday CAKE.
1943