DECEMBER 27

1939 Well, actually we got started pasting today. - Leonard is so swell (I was going to be mean to him for Tues.) - We had a sandwich over at the Hen. - didn't go home - Virginia came out after us. The car radio was tuned in on Duke Ellington
1940 FRIDAY 12- SLEPT TILL 1:30 - LURY TOOK A WALK OUT TO SCHOOL - SAW HOWARD + JAKE - OVER TO NESSA'S TONIGHT - MARG IS SLEEPING HERE TONIGHT. 
1941 I amaze myself continually. I called Leonard + asked him to come over about 7:00! - Over at Nessa's. We played records and danced + drank - tsk. Listened to Bolero -
1942 SUN BARBARA HAD A TOM + JERRY PARTY THIS AFTERNOON... [GEE, THEY WERE GOOD] I HELD THE MANTELPIECE UP + WAS SURROUNDED BY SOLDIERS. Leonard CALLED [AS I DESPERATELY hoped] WHEN I CAME HOME... WE WENT OVER TO his SISTERS' - TO SPITZNAGELS' AND TO JOHNS' - home [WHERE WE BOTH LANDED IN A HEAP WHEN L. LIFTED ME fr. DAVENPORT!] 
1943