DECEMBER 28

1939 Thursday Class pictures are finished - still some to do. Went to tea over at Billingsley's - Marg says she may go to Augustana - Oh, and incidentally I won Mlle's suit des. Contest... $25 + the suit - I don't believe it. (I will when I see the suit + the money)
1940 8:00 ANOTHER DAY GONE FOR  NOUGHT - BUT IT'S FUN... (EXCEPT I'VE GOT TO GET GOING PRETTY DAMN QUICK!) MARG + I BREAKFASTED @ 11:00... MET AUGGIE GALS FOR LUNCH - NICE GIRLS - BUT LACK COLOR - SAW JO DOWNTOWN - WE CONSUMED 2 COKES A PIECE + TALKED - GUESS I'LL WR. FRED
1941 Eleanor left today. - She + Philip may be married when she comes back. - Open fireplace, wine, talk.
1942 MON I SHOULD HAVE HAD A BIGGER KICK OUT OF THE Christmas DANCE... LEONARD WORRIED I DIDN'T HAVE A GOOD TIME... I WORE MY NEW BLACK HOSE - SLIGHTLY sensational... WE - AND BILL + Eleanor AND BOB and SHIRLEY - WENT DOWN TO DICKEY'S I ATE BEAN SOUP. I FELT RATHER SHY. Leonard SAID HE DIDN'T SLEEP WELL LAST NIGHT....?
1943