FEBRUARY 27

1939 11:30 This morning Mother left with Dad She will be gone a week. I'll miss her a lot... I cleaned up the house and walked out for my class... Went home with Virginia for lunch. Marvelous baked beans - Went to play pr. twice (Still don't know my lines) to a show. - Heard Agnes Hyde review W.W. Rain tonight + I'm now reading R + J
1940 12:00 Tuesday My suit came today It was really a thrill... (It feels lovely) I meant to go to bed early but I seem out of the habit - Bob, Leonard + I worked tonight.
1941 (It's "better" this year, than it was last...) Well - I'm rarin' to go home tomorrow - I haven't got things ready - I intend to stay up tonight and finish those damn short stories if it kills me! - Bridge Club tonight - food - ugh. Everything I "considered" giving up for Lent has been tasted - Larry + Miriam tried to work on my
1942 Friday Okay, you go home at 11:00 - see if I care (you did trip on the last step, though - ha!) - We went to H.S. Flyin' High Mother had club today. Really rustled around. Bought jonquils. Sweet.
1943 SAT I WAS IN SOME SEMI-PRIVATE WORLD OF MY OWN ALL DAY... NOTHING SEEMS TO touch ME; SOMEHOW... DID MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION ON THE MR. R. AT SCHOLASTIC, THOUGH. Mr. Steiner CALLED AND SAID HE HAS SOMETHING ELSE LINED UP FOR MY "ABILITY" - WE HAD DINNER AT Madame BONAT'S, I ATE too much, THOUGH... LISTENED TO BIANCA.