MAY 24

1939 11:15 Honor's Day Exercises in Chapel this morning. - All School Picnic Ray + Mick + Marie + I went - I came back for Creative Wr. + I didn't have to read my play again! 
1940 Fri Wrote a stupid test this morning. Studied this aft, and wrote another one... I have 2 make-up assignments + my term paper + then I can start making up Art.
1941 11:30 "And this too shall pass away" I hope! - Too bad my last few days have to be spent in such a hectic fashion. Slaved all day - I do too much. Don't make the kids work.
1942 Sun Gee, I'm pooped. Marie + I lay out in the back yard this morning. Dinner christening at Landseths... Kids came after me we looked for Lefty. - D.J. + I + Marie went to Shanghai Gesture
1943 MON HM, FEEL almost HOOMAN, FOR A CHANGE! - AFTER ALL THAT sleep LAST NIGHT, WOKE UP LATE; TODAY was HECTIC... "DOROTHY" AND I FELT IT KEENLY! - WE WENT TO A LOUSY FASHION SHOW AT THE HOTEL N. Yorker. I STAYED UNTIL THE Bitter END. HAD A Bitter MARTINI. - IRONED tonight.