JUNE 2

1939 Friday – Ray came after me. What a day – Waited for Mr. Eide to help me all morning + couldn’t work this aft, because of Electrician, etc. Tonight Mr. Eide + the fellows shot pictures while I was “working”

1940 11:00 I’m not waiting up for the 12 o’ clock plane tonight… I’m really tired – I guess its relief setting in… it was Baccalaureate this A.M…. Granskow gave a perfectly marv talk – it seems to epitomize for me what has been trying to come through for 4 yrs.

1941 10:30 CHICAGO – MOTHER + I WERE LAZY THIS MORNING LAY IN BED IN TALKED BEFORE WE WENT OUT GALAVANTING… I TOLD HER ABOUT LEONARD + SHE WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING… I ONLY WISH I’D “TALKED” TO HER BEFORE –

1942 Tues 11:30 Bob + I cleaned up the Art Room He got his reclarification – Letter from Lefty. We heard from Emil John, Bob + I went to La Purchase this aft. .. Wasted this Evening

1943 Wed 3:00 Fun la! – Astor Roof – Harry James – with Mr. Spitznagel. – called this morning – what a guy. (he always seems vaguely preoccupied though) Then we went up + sat on the R.C.A. roof + talked, felt cool + lovely… Went to Village Vanguard… Leadbelly, chanteuse, etc. We walked + walked.