AUGUST 2

1939 11:25 Managed to accomplish quite a bit today + not mind it!) In fact, I enjoyed myself! I’ve got to finish out at school, this wk. (Leonard was out today)

1940 (ditto – very much so – acutely so in fact) Well darn Bill – Clara saw him today. He has been out with Hazel! Got some borders fixed for Fosters finally – Bob, Dick H. + I talked, sang, rounds – listened to D. play Boogie Woogie He is brilliant. Too bad Leonard missed out. Spence was out again.

1941 Sat Wow – what a day. Helped strike 3:00 set tonight – talked with Barney – put on my formal + went to the party – sleeping with Lois tonight. Steven has our room

1942 SUN WE HAD 2 awfully SWEET SOLDIERS TO DINNER…MOTHER “PICKED THEM UP” AT CHURCH… WORE MY NOO PINAFORE… WENT UP TO DELL RAPIDS WITH David… PLEASANT enuff AFTERNOON; BUT I SHOULD HAVE LET WELL ENOUGH ALONE… WE GOT BORED BEFORE THE EVENING WAS over. I WAS sad.

1943 MON