AUGUST 4

1939 I no sooner finish one job than I walk in to another, of sorts, down at radio station, publicity, layouts – I cut my hair tonight – I wish I had a date to B. Barron I wish I had a date – (Ray had such blue eyes)

1940 Well I don’t know exactly how, or if, I succeeded, but I rather think he won’t be able to ignore me – I gave him no indication whatsoever that I knew about Hazel – (He must know that I know) – He still thinks that I’m a corporation. He’s one of the stock holders

1941 Mon Well – believe it or not, we’re at the Barbizon Plaza – west 58 N.Y. City! – We left this morning at 5:30 – Never forget Mr. Cisney at station. Kissing Frank Wagner goodbye – horrible ride – New York skyline – faint half glow of sunset – g’night.

1942 TUES DARLING, WE’RE such DOPES… SO VERY QUIET WHEN WE’RE alone… I WORE MY NEW BLACK DRESS TO Abe Lyman… BAND WAS SUPER… (“AMEN” – good NUMBER) – REN TOOK ME DOWN TO THE ARGUS… I ASKED Leonard… I THINK HE’D LIKE ME TO STAY… BOUGHT A SLINKY BLACK SLIP… LEONARD WAS certainly ON THE BEAM

 1943 WED