AUGUST 3

1939 11:05 B-Little sister booklet got down to the printers today (among other things) Ray has left – I’m rather relieved He was rather nice + he had very blue eyes – Marg + Nessa, Peg + M + I went on a picnic out at Gitchenee tonight. We had a portable radio. (Full moon)

1940 11:30 I am just a little fed up with this non-love life of mine… I am just a bit more than a little mad at Bill dating every body but me (Hazel twice this week) I think I’ll carry on from where I left off at the 1st date I had with him – He has it coming… I don’t know exactly how I’ll do it all I want is a chance

1941 Sun – Gee, I really wish this were next week at this time and all this hub-bub were over! Mike left this morning. Quite appalling exodus.

1942 MON CUT OUT MY GREEN DRESS TONIGHT… Then BILL + R.H #  + MISTER Payne CAME. I WASHED BOB’S HAIR FOR HIM. I SEWED, WHILE THEY contentedly READ MAGAZINES… THEY’RE CRAZY… THE SHAMPOO MADE Leonard A LITTLE JEALOUS, I THINK… REN SAYS THAT DAYTON’S IS STILL AVAILABLE. ALSO ARGUS. N.Y?

1943 Tuesday