MARCH 21

1939 11:00 We heard Marjorie Hellis tonight Swell Philosophy - I re-wrote my oration today from 9:00 - 4:00 It's really no child's play -
1940 Thurs Who should be dashing on the train the last minute but Bill P. - ! - I nearly got off - Bob + Leonard were down to see me off - They sent me a corsage, too... I love them both - Bill + I had lots of fun exchanging opinions of each other.
1941 10:20 Nazi Bombers over England again. Will there ever be any place for the world? Or for me? - Utterly demoralized today - No good at all. Heard from Eleanor + Jo - they are wonderful
1942 12:45 PLAYING 2ND FIDDLE TO A TERM PAPER! DIDN'T TAKE TO THE IDEA TOO WELL... BUT WHAT CAN A WOMAN DO? D.J. + I ATE Down TOWN... WENT OUT TO THE AIRPORT + WATCHED ARMY PLANES COME IN + TAKE OFF... CHROME WINGS IN A BLAZE - BLUE SKY - 50 PLANES...
1943 11:30 (GEE, AND I WAS GOING TO BE IN BED BY 10:00!) TODAY WAS NICE and COMFORTABLE. WHILE PEG WAS IN CHURCH, I WROTE A LONG LETTER HOME (ONE TO Leonard, LATER) WE ATE AT Childs DOWN THE WAY. WENT TO SEE Lois Cowan - AND DONNA. I'VE WASHED MY HAIR, FIXED MY NAILS, DREAD TOMORROW A LITTLE... I'M SCARED. I WANT SO very MUCH TO DO MY BEST!