MARCH 24

1939 Friday 11:30 Made 102 programs for F. Banquet. Ray helped me all evening. Then we went for a ride - Picked up Phil + Whitie - Ray is really swell
1940 Sun Easter - really perfect... wore my suit for the first time... Fashionable 4th Pres. Church - white orchids. Eleanor + I ate dinner at Jacques - it was the loveliest place I've ever been - candles, flowers, oil paintings - We had cocktails tat nearly submerged us. Evening K.D's - Claire de Lune
1941 DEAR GOD, WHAT A DAY - IF THE NEXT 8 DAYS ARE LIKE THIS; I DOUBT IF I CAN - OH HEM OF COURSE I CAN! - I'VE GOT AS MUCH GUTS AS ANYONE! - FREDDIE PICKED ME UP - NO EXPLANATION HE WAS VERY SWEET - "HOPED THEY'D BE HAPPY" HE REMINDS ME A GREAT DEAL OF WYN STRAFF BOB REES CAUGHT ME CRYING - HE WAS SO SWEET
1942
1943 WED 11:20 I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TO KEEP ME RILLY busy TODAY... FELT RATHER dull, ANYHOW. MRS. S. SENT ME OUT THIS MORNING... I LIKE HER BETTER. HERMAN CALLED. - LUNCH TOMORROW. SWELL LETTER FROM Mother. MR. HAIRE PAID MY $35 BUCKS TO Employment Directors. (I CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME, now)