MARCH 25

1939 6:30 SAT (6 of us stayed over at Vercoe's tonight) - I started at 9:00 + worked almost steadily all day for the banquet. Ray came out to school after me about 6:45. We went to a show about 9:30 - (I took my p.j.'s with me!) He treated me just perfectly. I was a little surprised + more than somewhat thrilled over at V's we all talked in our p.j.'s in front of the fireplace till 6:00 Sun.
1940 Mon. Coming home. Miss Farley is here - some company... My arm aches from carrying pkg's around all afternoon in M. Field's... Bought knock out of white silk jersey formal, black jersey jacket, sweater, etc... Left Eleanor with Bob it was keen seeing her... Went Art Institute this aft
1941 ANOTHER BURNER/// GOD, GIVE ME STRENGTH TO GO THROUGH THIS - /// TONIGHT I HAD CHAMPAGNE - TASTES SOMETHING LIKE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR... TOMMY WASN'T TOO BAD - HE HAS SUCH BLACK EYES; BUT HE'S TOO MUCH OF A HELLER FOR ME - DD HOW LITTLE HIS KISSES AFFECTED ME... IN FACT, I DON'T THINK I CARE TO SEE HIM ANY MORE - I FEEL GOOD
1942 Wed Creative writing - I came right home - Damn. - Hoped someone might perchance walk home w/ me -
1943 THURS Jarv. called up and we went out. I took us to "Casablanca" It was his birthday! (25) We walked home Riverside Way and, inevitably, the issue arose. But was properly + definitely clarified. We talked and talked. I feel much better.