MARCH 23

1939 10:30 Mary stayed + stayed + I was so sleepy! Got the material for the Football banquet Sat Night. I only wish I were going to the darn thing! I felt awful this aft. Eleanor is out w/ Ed.
1940 Sat. Who'd have thought that Mary + I would see each other in Chicago a yr ago? - She came over this morning... I met Eleanor + Dorothy for lunch at Field's - Then we went to "The Man Who Came to Dinner" - which was uproarious. v. dirty, v. funny! - It would have been enough, but Eleanor insisted we go out again to-night. It is terribly cold!
1941 11:45 - Wish I could live today over again - Folks came down (with Sari) + we went to Sioux City. A. Marg + E. Dillon were both ill. They looked awful. (It must make mother feel bad)... We had gardenias. - I'm enthralled with Kitty Foyle - God, what guts - It was like Jo. - Tomorrow REALITY.
1942 MON Met Margie down town this noon for lunch... She's happy but I don't envy her in the slightest - 
1943 TUES MICKEY INFLUENCED ME TO GO TO A MOVIE AT WHICH WE BOTH wept VIOLENTLY AND ENJOYED COMPLETELY... I RE-WROTE AN Editorial TODAY WITH MRS. DAHL... SHE ISN'T BAD, BUT I'M GLAD I'M NOT WORKING WITH HER... MR. Haire EMBARRASSED ME COMPLETELY AT THE OFFICE MEETING TODAY. I BLUSHED FURIOUSLY...