MARCH 22

1939 11:10 Lucky I - my oration + I are going to Aberdeen - I'm quite sure I've certainly sweat blood over that thing I read it to better do my writing in the daytime - I fouled away the whole afternoon. Ray S. took me for a ride + we looked at the falls. It was so swell out - After the lecture to night, Stan, Carp, Jake + I ate ice cream
1940 Fri Here I am sleeping with Eleanor in Chicago! - it is big + dirty + strong... I think I like it... We went out to Karls for dinner tonight... I wish I hadn't been so tired... Connie "entertained" me this aft. I got cleaned up this morning, we met E. for lunch. 
1941 10:55 Well, possibly I can try a little vicarious living in "Kitty Foyle" - God knows I need something to get away from myself  Practice Practice Practice - God, I wish those damn things were over! ----
1942 11:00 O-H-H-H THAT I HAD BEEN ANNIHILATED AT BIRTH! - WHY DID I SUGGEST OUR GOING DOWN TO THE HEN. OF COURSE LEONARD + R.H. # CAME IN AS I KNEW THEY WOULD. PRETTY DAMN OBVIOUS - I'M SO DUMB - AND AFTER WEDNESDAY TOO
1943 12:00 and Peggy isn't home yet. I should be in bed, asleep, but I wrote to Leonard, Eleanor + Don... today wasn't bad. I think I'll like Mrs. Stotes. (Migosh, she looks like me) I rewrote. Was to have gone out in the Market. I want to make good.