AUGUST 10

1939 1:00  I had my fortune told to night – Queer woman… crazy house… She saw some very nice things about me in the cards – success – happiness – love – money. – She said I would never be content with just domestic tranquility… Saw 2 marriages!

1940 Had a very super time at the dance with Hunk. My friend Bill didn’t call on a Sat night again (His car was in though) I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye to Emil.

1941 Sun At home! – quiet (too quiet, no Leonard) fried chicken, white tablecloth, ice in the glasses! – ah. People kept coming over all morning. Saw Sari tonight – a few people.

1942 MON 2:15 WENT TO Sonny Durham. GEE IT WAS A SWELL BAND; I WAS UNACCOUNTABLY DEPRESSED, however * LEONARD IS so young – GEE, I’LL NEVER FIND ANYONE I ENJOY DANCING WITH more… HE’S INTENSE + … I GOT MY HAIR DONE. WAS LAZY all DAY.

1943