AUGUST 6

1939 11:30 I’ve finally found out the best way to escape responsibilities is to face them! Finally settled down + made a few sketches for G. – However I don’t want to be a comic strip artist. (Whoever it was called last night did not call tonight!)

1940 11:45 Hunk + I went up to Del Rapids to the dance… I can’t understand the boy – he is so nice. I don’t know why he dates someone as quiet + dopey as I was tonight – Guess I’m getting on in years…

1941 Wed Saw Mus. of M.A.A. – Met Igor P – Migosh whata night. – I was deluged with attention (must have been lack of competition) John M. promised to write me – wonder if he will? ?

1942 THURS WOW… BUT I’M tired… COULDN’T EVEN DO THOSE BLAME DISHES… HAD GELS over FOR DINNER… NESSA, SHIRLEE, PEGGY and D.J… IT WAS A DARN GOOD MEAL… WORE  my WHITE PINAFORE and FELT DOMESTIC… STITCHED A SEAM or TWO… PINKED ‘EM tonight… EXPECTED THE FELLAS TO come OVER; DIDN’T…

1943 FRI.