AUGUST 7

1939 Well, B. Barron got along without me to-night! (And I thought I really might go) – Mother + I went down town to-day saw the circus parade. She bought a rose wool skirt + material for a dress! I worry about the yearbook – I wish I’d get going on it!

1940 Merely muddled around today – I’ve got about 5 letters to write – keep procrastinating – Leonard identified my cologne today. I’m surprised he remembered it – I hope it doesn’t rain for the picnic…

1941 Thurs Do tell, I really got here! Eleanor had been worried about me, of course! – We ate at the Town House. Sat up on the roof + talked tonight

1942 FRI Oh BABY, WE’RE crazy… WENT HUNTING FROGS WITH AL NORLIN, R.H.#, S.J.M. and MISTER Payne. WE COULDN’T FIND A SINGLE one! – I GOT CAUGHT ON A BARBED WIRE FENCE and GOT MY FEET all MUDDY… WENT with PEGGY FOR HER MUSIC LESSON AND LISTENED TO sharp ECSTASY of Walkyrie… ALWAYS THINK of LEONARD. WENT SWIMMING W. DAVID…

1943 SAT.