AUGUST 8

1939 I only have $19 left on back tuition! (Paid $75 this morning) I’m relieved. Job is progressing at K.S. 00. Mr. Eide thought I should ask .75 an hour, but I’m starting at .50

Georgia + I talked yearbooks tonight. She’s going to be an awfully big help.

1940 1:15 I suppose it was over-anticipation anyhow, something missed fire – I didn’t exactly enjoy myself on the picnic! It wasn’t a definite flop – just rather mediocre… Jo wasn’t there to jazz it up. Leonard seems determined to miss every opportunity

1941 Fri I am tired… Was practically unconscious all morning. Saw Mr. Elsom at Milwaukee. Not horribly impressed. Not enough money! Saw Mr. Franks! some storm

1942 Sat I WAS RILLY BUSHED all DAY… MY BACK WAS BAD FROM TOO “many” HIGH HEELS… FINISHED MY GREEN CORDUROY DRESS; SLAVED over THEM… MET Shirlee + PEGGY DOWNTOWN… WE PLANNED THE PICNIC… LISTENED TO Mozart’s G-MINOR PIANO Concerto. – LEONARD CAME over ABOUT 10:00 w/ BILL + SHIRLEY

1943 SUN