SEPTEMBER 10

1939 SUN I went to church this morning (I’m going to go all the time) – Sari + I went bike riding I wore my new slacks – Saw Leonard. – Was over to Marjorie’s to-night.

1940 11:30 B-R-R-R – really turning cold – Gee, no “in between” weather at all… It seems like every minute in the day is filled for me – at school by 8:00 – till 6:00 – study from 8:30 – 11:30 – I bet I’ll get sick of this grind… I wonder if Jo + Bob + L will come tomorrow?

1941 Wed Registration… Emil’s here. Met Wilbur Haare…

1942 THURS (WHO’S AT THE HEAD of HIS CLASS IN MB. CORPS) WELL, I CAN WRITE radio SCRIPT IF I PLEASE MR. Witmer WITH SOME SAMPLE STUFF; (MIGOSH… COULD I TURN OUT one A DAY?) … HE HAD ME RE-WRITE ONE of HIS! – IT WAS A STRAIN… MISSED MY BUS… WILL RIDE HOME WITH A Ms. C… WAS IN A BLACKOUT… LONESOME

1943 FRI Spitznagels took us to dinner… a very fine meal. Then we saw Ren + family. The Eides… it was good. We drove out to Elmwood. There was music in the night… Time did not exist for us. We know one another well.