SEPTEMBER 8

1939 Went down town – left “Molly” in S’s office. – No sweaters – bought slacks – ($5.95) - + spent $’s – Met Rose Doyle – went to a horrible movie.

1940 Sun I am not going to bed until I get fairly well organized for next week… Today was awful I guess I can blame Leonard for that. I’m sorry I couldn’t act more decent at home. Wilmer + Olga brought me back at about 6:00… I must accomplish.

1941 9:31 If I let Leonard down a week or 2 ago, he certainly let me down tonight. Gee, I needed somebody’s shoulder tonight. Bob + L + I were over to say G’bye. – It hit me a little hard.

1942 TUES Yeah, REPEAT PERFORMANCE… BUT I DIDN’T TELL HIM I WAS GOING TO MLPS TOMORROW, SO I GUESS I COULDN’T EXPECT HIM TO SAY G’BYE tonight… BOB H. IS IN PIERRE on A “CONSTRUCTION” JOB… HE SAID B’BYE TO us – ONE, too… NUTS, I DON’T CRAVE GOING…

1943 WED Another beautiful day. Gee, I could not love him any more. I don’t care if I do anything. I just must be with him.