SEPTEMBER 6

1939 11:30 Worked on “Molly” – ( I certainly hope she turns out okay) Leonard + friend were out at school – I couldn’t concentrate any too well – Margie + Ness + Marie + I went for a ride + ran out of gas on Phyllis Ave. – (My head aches!)

1940 3:00 Bob + I talked until 1:45… Maybe I said too much; I hope not… He is the best friend I have I think. He thinks as much of L. as I do. We were over to Eides and I met Don Gregory. One good reason I wish I could be at school next year! Seems good to be home…

1941 Sat Went to my first faculty meeting! – I’d do anything for Kranskow… Bob + L + I worked out at school this aft. Ness, Chils + Marie + I went on a picnic… Moonlight –

1942 SUN VIRGINIA + I WENT TO Holiday Inn. – MEDIOCRE IT WAS GREY and RAINY ALL DAY… BUT A BEAUTIFUL, MISTY NIGHT, withall… I READ Cheney, LISTENED TO TSYCHOWSKYS 6th THIS AFTERNOON and GOT MY HAIR WASHED. Gee. I WISH MY FUTURE WERE SETTLED. FOO to LIMBOS.

1943 MON Leonard came over soon after lunch… We went out to school. Oh God, it smells so CLEAN, so GOOD… Mr. Eide is the same, thank goodness… Bob + Shirley went to the dance with us. Leonard said should I stay? – Yes of course!