SEPTEMBER 5

1939 – Well, I wasn’t so lazy to-day. – Collected pay at Fantle’s (spent most of it on mannequin materials!) - + tried to do the same at K.S.O.O. – But “George” is out of town! – I guess Eleanor + Ed have definitely broken up. – He sent her some flowers to-night.

1940 10:55 I just finished re-reading Silas Marner. That I should require these Sophomores to read something that bored even me… Wow, am I tired!… Tomorrow it’s back in my old bed I’ll be…. I wonder if I’ll see L. this week-end… I hope so.

1941 We were over at Eide’s for a spaghetti farewell. It was simply perfect. – We got supplies ordered + stuff a little more organized

1942 SAT ELEANOR and PHILIP and I WENT TO Talk of the Town (POOR TITLE FOR A GOOD MOVIE)… I FINISHED THE Hanson JOB THIS MORNING… FELT ABSOLUTELY BOOSHED ALL AFTERNOON, SO ACCOMPLISHED nil

1943 SUN I’m complete once more! I live again! Leonard came in at 6:00 this morning. Came over. We had breakfast. Went with Eleanor… saw Eides. It was such a fine beautiful day. I “received” in slacks. The nice people stayed too long. All of them. It was ages till we could be alone. Leonard talked of marriage.