FEBRUARY 23

1939 1:30 Today I applied for my "Social Security" number! - I sold 15 hats + got very tired of standing on my feet. I am thankful today is over! 
1940 10:45 It was foolish of me to be so upset all day... I was afraid to go over to the studio for fear of having to face Howard - Very Silly - 
1941 1:00 Here we go again, boys... Frederic + I saw Philadelphia Story (tres bon) most of the evening I was shy + self conscious + felt I was putting on an act all of the time - But not now, I don't think... ? ? ? 
1942 Mon We're doing etchings in techniques -
1943 TUES YIPES! WOULD I love TO HAVE THAT JOB UP AT THE NEW YORK TIMES, ASSISTANT TO Mr. Krikorian! HE WAS beautiful TO ME; SCHOLASTIC PRESS IS BECKONING. EASTMAN SOUNDS VERY CUT and DRIED, I'M AFRAID... J. WALTER THOMPSON IS OUT, I GUESS - SEEMED TO THINK I'D BE STIFLED... HAD 5 INTERVIEWS TODAY. SAW THE LADY Vanishes + NIGHTTRAIN