FEBRUARY 21

1939 11:15 I'm just beginning to feel normal again tired + woozy all day... fell down after chapel + feel pretty stiff + bruised... It is icy as glass + cold as heck. I didn't accomplish a thing all day... Kept thinking about Tommy + last night I certainly was a dead beat... Maybe it was all that high powered competition that scared me out.
1940 1:30 - Ugh - I'm booshed - Helped Howard run stuff today - Marvelous Game I didn't even go home for dinner... Bob + I went to the Dance. Bill + L brought me home
1941 According to my horoscope beginning tomorrow new romance comes into my life! - I hope so. This celibacy is getting boring. Not that I haven't enough to do... but the urge to "get away from it all" is strong... Letter from Jo.
1942 Sat 2:45 I can hardly write about this... Seeing + talking with Leonard last week was a satisfaction. But tonight - although we didn't talk at all was certainly more satisfactory. But it makes it even harder now. I can hardly bear being away from him at all. 
(Cleaned up room, etc.)
1943 SUN I FELT unhappy THIS MORNING, STILL... BETTER, AFTER A SHOWER AND SCRAMBLED eggs AT THE DRUGSTORE. JARV and I TOOK A WALK UP RIVERSIDE AND LOOKED AT THE "PRAIRIE STATE" ... IT WAS A GORGEOUS SPRING DAY! THEN WE WALKED DOWN BROADWAY, EATING APPLES; I THINK IT WAS ABOUT THE BEST TIME I'VE HAD WITH HIM - WHICH HE cannot UNDERSTAND (...BOB + PEGGY + I HAD DINNER AT A FUNNY LITTLE PLACE NOT FAR FROM Columbia - THEN TOOK R. HOW'D TO THE TRAIN; PEGGY WAS STURDY.