FEBRUARY 25

1939 12:45 I think I'm out of it now... for a while this day was just pure hell... I can't remember when I've been in such a suicidal mood... I woke up crying - (I kept it up spasmodically)... Sometimes Eleanor hurts me terribly... more so than she means, I'm sure... Tonight I sketched at the school Carnival. Nessa + I "caught up" with each other since
1940 1:15 Howard took me to epoch-al "G.W.T. Wind" - I completely lost myself in it... Marie + I tied for "typical" - She + Wyman will be it. I'll have a hard time keeping it quiet. Wish I could be a combination of Scarlett + Melanie
1941 Dammit - didn't get to go over to Haywarden. However, I was quite content to stay home + knit + talk with Mrs. Reeves - She still hears nothing from Robt. Hope he is okay.
1942 Wed It was Shirley Morgan's Birthday. I went down + bought a cake at Nash. Made coffee in the kitchenette. It was successful. Bill + Leonard helped me w/ the dishes.
1943 THURS (I HOPE MY CARD GOT THERE IN TIME!) WELL I PAID $10 ON AN EIGHTY-SEVEN $ COAT... WOW I'LL HAVE TO GET A JOB now... I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S A GOOD INVESTMENT... INTERVIEWED Mr. Stowell OVER AT ARCH. RECORD, WHO MAY GIVE ME AN in AT Glammer AND VOGUE... I FORGOT TO GET ME RATION-BOOK OF COURSE! - HOPE I CAN STILL MAKE IT. OI, NO MAIL (or male) TODAY. WASHED ME HAIR. TALKED RUSSIAN w/ LIZA