FEBRUARY 26

1939 11:20 Somehow, I think I will last through this vague agonizing vacuum of disappointments + responsibilities... I am still glad I am who I am... I still am stupidly optimistic enough to think that I will accomplish 95% of the things that are beginning to bear down... When I am too weak to think that, there's always the coward's way out -
1940 Monday - It would be so swell to have "cartoon" for the Edda - I hope it works out - Went out to school - aw nothing...
1941 11:00 (Rumbahs are certainly go - I can hear all I want of them now - one on now) - Whadaya know? - Actually utilized about every minute today. Gave tests. - Corrected until 6:00... Then from 7:30 until 10:30... Got PAID today - 3 more paychecks - (Then what?) - Lorraine + Alberta helped me they are sweet - 
1942 Thurs Well Eleanor + Philip have been transferred to ADVANCE Missouri. Mother feels terrible - But then maybe they will have to really depend on each other now.
1943 FRI I HAVE an interview tomorrow morning with the PUBLISHER OF SCHOLASTIC. AH DILEMMA... MISS Sacks KEPT MY POEMS (CLARAS) and kodachromes. I HOPE SOMETHING COMES OF IT! SAW Vogue + Glamour - WENT I. MILLER (WHERE I SAW SOME SHOES) MICKY and I SAW G.B. Shaw's MAJOR BARBARA