FEBRUARY 24

1939 12:15 I hate to walk home alone at 12 o'clock at night. I was plenty frightened when a sneaky looking coupe cut across the boulevard I hid in a driveway until I thought it had gone... I stayed home from school + read Shakespeare. 
1940 2:30 It's a vicious circle - I can't work during the day on accounta all the interruptions and at night, Howard heckles.
1941 A HELLUVA DAY, if I do say so... But did get a swell letter + etching from Bob - He seems very much adjusted, now. Thank Goodness... GEE, the futility of time - or something. I still believe in TODAY, but still can't speed up my activities to live up to my concept!
1942 Tues - Italian Renaissance in History of Art - What a headache
1943 WED I APPLIED AT RAYMOND LOEWY'S STUDIOS; THERE IS A possibility OF MY DOING SOME MURAL DECORATIONS FOR THEM! (IF I ONLY COULD!) ...MET Elizabeth FRAZER ON FIFTH AVENUE, FUN. LEONARD WRITES HE REPORTS FOR INDUCTION ON MARCH 6TH... WHICH HIT ME HARD, EMIL'S COMING TURNED OUT WELL, HE SAYS... I'M SO DARN GLAD... HAD FURTHER APT. with SCHOLASTIC, WHICH WOULD PAY $40 A WEEK! - Yipes! - WHICH IS darn good