FEBRUARY 20

1939 Monday 12:15 How many times I've wished for the opportunity I had tonight - a date with Tommy. I don't know what the score is. I wish I had a date alone with him. Then maybe I could figure it out. I don't think I'd be afraid of him anymore! Tonight was a little disappointing. I've had my chance; so what?
1940 11:00 Is this really me? - I'm in bed at this hour. I deliberately stayed home - in spite of cr. wr. class + in spite of the work I had to do! - I hope I'm dev. the transcendental viewpoint.
1941 Thurs. Thank God tomorrow's Friday. Like to be going home, in a way, but plan (at least) on getting more done by staying here... Did not get to go to Elk's dance (Damn Freddie) But enjoyed myself in spite of it over at Marg's + Dorothy's... Popcorn, Fudge, knitting -
1942 Saw Donna Jean... We went for a ride - Ate popcorn - Picked up Bill at Morrell's - Had a coke -
1943 SAT Oh GOD... I THINK I'LL JOIN A NUNNERY... WHY CAN'T I KEEP MY RELATIONSHIPS WITH MEN casual? ...AND WHY MUST Jarv ALWAYS DWELL ON CERTAIN SUBJECTS? WE MET BOB + PEG DOWNTOWN, THEN WANDERED AROUND AIMLESSLY, HAD A BEER, WENT DOWN BY THE RIVER... THE REASON FELT SO SAD WAS BECAUSE I ACHED FOR Leonard. BOB + I MET PEG FOR LUNCH AT THE HEARTHSTONE - HAD FRIED CHICKEN (SCRUMPTIOUS) ...TOOK THE FERRY OUT TO STATEN ISLAND AND SAW THE STATUE of Liberty - THRILL