NOVEMBER 11

1939 It's always tomorrow when I'm going to really get to work. - I can't keep kidding any longer - the book will be laid out tomorrow. Today was odd. I worked out at school. Leonard did more in 2 hrs, than I did all day - Howard took some pictures of me - 
1940 11:00 Today was odd too... Armistice, and U.S. the only (one of the few) nations at Peace... I get intensely depressed if I start thinking about the possibility of facing a War- existence in the future.. Terrible blizzard... NO school... checked papers... thought about Freddie... and Bill... and Leonard.
1941 12:00 We are still not - literally - in the war. But that's all. It's a mess. We jazzed up the float barely in time. Emil + Bob + I chased down to see it. Dropped in on Muralists Payne + Berg. Hope they get on okay. Wasted afternoon with RH. Wrote DJ
1942 11:30 I HAD A BEAUTIFUL DAY - MOST of the TIME. FINISHED THE TROIKA, ELEANOR bought MY LUNCH, AND I WENT TO THE GAME with LEONARD... WE WENT DOWN TO THE bar, AND THEN LISTENED TO RECORDS. (I CAN STILL risotsky!) HE CALLED TONIGHT, too. I PUT ON MY RED DRESS, WE MAILED Emil's letter
1943