NOVEMBER 17

1939 I am really tired - but I feel swell! - Bob asked me to go to the Policeman's Ball - I learned how to Schottiche, 2-step, etc. Leonard + Bill came over later, - Nessa is home for the wk-end. - How will I ever get anything done? Marg + I went to Brookings
1940 HELL. I can't get any ambition - I don't want to get to work - I might as well go to bed and try + buck it... Guess I'll listen to Helen Hayes + Then - phooey. God, I haven't any guts... I'm glad I took the folks to dinner anyhow... I want to draw stuff. Am I wrong? - Gee, I wish I knew! -
1941 Mon GEE, I'M TIRED. - SLEPT 2 HRS WHEN I CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL. GOT THROUGH TODAY, ANYHOW - DON GREGORY IS SWELL - SURE WE'D GET ALONG
1942 11:05 TUES (I STILL THINK WE COULD - IF HE WEREN'T IN New Guinea - WHERE HE'S UNDOUBTEDLY SEEING action) I SUPPOSE EVERY NIGHT CAN'T BE AS ECSTATIC AS LAST - AND IT'S JUST AS well... I DIDN'T EVEN SEE LEONARD today, IN FACT - BUT golly, I THOUGHT ABOUT him... MADE DRESSING TABLE SKIRTS, WENT TO THE PRINTERS... LETTER from BOB... Roses, YESTERDAY
1943