NOVEMBER 22

1939 WED STAYED Home until 2:30 today- got a start on layouts. - tutored my English poopil (he knows about as much as I) - Met T. - brought home hamburgers + ice cream cones for supper (Mother varnished the kitchen floor) - Went to Cr. Wr.
1940 10:00 Hellish day, again. Felt doped all week. Don't seem to give a damn about anything - this is AWFUL... I am doing a horribly sloppy job... and I mustn't! Hope I have the guts to do something with this! Migosh, I can't flunk out on my first job... TOMORROW! So to Bed. 
1941 SATURDAY - DESULTORY - GETTING COLD. ALL SAINTS POSTERS... OVER TO NAN'S - FARRAGHER, JANICE - NOT AS BAD AS I ANTICIPATED
1942 1:10 I worked from 11:00 until 5:30 Don + I had quite a party, wine, cheese Finished little man over the bar. He is quite gay. Had dinner (dessert bar) with John + Leonard. Leonard talked a good deal - about himself, mostly. 
1943