NOVEMBER 21

1939 TUES - WOW! - What a slump. - struggled out to callitch - I accomplished nil. - when I should have worked after dinner I collapsed on the davenport. - where I stayed until time for bed - Chum  I hope you do better tomorrow- 
1940 1:00 I'm not sure it was worth struggling through the effort - guess so - saw "Little Foxes" up in Sioux City... Bitter, raw, rugged... (I still would like to act...) No letter today, either. 
1941 EMIL'S RECITAL... I WAS TOO SYMPATHETICALLY UPSET TO ENJOY IT. HELPED LEONARD GET HIS POSTERS DONE THIS AFT (WILL HE EVER BREAK DOWN AGAIN?) - HAD WONDERFUL ROAST VENISON FOR DINNER... so WHAT ? ? ? ? ? ?
1942 SAT. (I wonder if Bob would have kissed me goodbye if we hadn't been accompanied by Ray - Valentine?) - I had a side-car - I hope I shall meet him again somehow
1943