NOVEMBER 16

1939 11:30 Well I don't feel so decrepit - I've had such a swell birthday - It was as mild + warm as spring - people sat around on campus w/o their coats - I helped Howard take pictures all day - I hope some of them turn out. Took shots of B. Johnson tonight. She is gorgeous. - E sent me a lipstick!
1940 12:00 Well, "Marion is Twenty-Two" ...Never had a birthday affect me less... I was a little bit taut about the time Eleanor called though... Marguerite, Nessa + Sari took me to lunch at the Java Rm... Saw Spitznagel + Henrich. Marguerite has a Fraternity Pin + Sari is going "steady" - Jean M. is going to married Christmas - Jean V. Br. also... Didn't get to see G
1941 2:45 Worked constantly today, some birthday. - Finished posters, went down + helped Bob + Leonard until 2:00
1942 LEONARD DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY (THANK GOODNESS!) BUT golly, HE CERTAINLY MADE IT A happy ONE FOR ME! HE CAME DOWN AND WALKED ME HOME (AFTER WE'D ALL BEEN TRYING TO WRITE T. Club INVITATIONS) - HE SAYS - NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, HE'LL KNOW HOW LUCKY HE IS... HE'S GOING TO BE "GOOD" NEXT 2 WKS! I MADE MORE LAMPSHADES TODAY. BROUGHT cake TO DON + HAROLD
I FEEL COMPLETELY A woman
1943