NOVEMBER 18

1939 12:55 It was no sudden flash of insight, but I realized rather suddenly just as I went to bed tonight that if I am going to "conquer worlds," I must first conquer myself: -- Although I didn't do so much, - I relapsed a little as the evening wore on, I believe I got started to some extent. 
1940 1:05 Well, I guess the trouble with me today (Honest, it was just like I'd been DOPED!) was that I was disappointed Frederick didn't call - At least I feel oke NOW... Gee, he isn't bad to take at all. We went over to REMSEN, danced 1 dance. He talked about Shaddock... He said he missed me last weekend. Hope he means it
1941 Tues DJ TOOK ME TO DINNER - CHOC. SHOP. WE WENT TO WKEND IN HAVANA - WOW - C. MIR. SAW BOB TONIGHT FOR A MOMENT - GEE THOSE KIDS REALLY WORKED.
1942 11:45 I THINK MY excuse to STAY UNTIL Christmas HAS MATERIALIZED... MISS LEWIS WANTS ME TO TAKE THE ART CLASSES OVER AT All Saints UNTIL RHODA COMES OR UNTIL SHE CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE... I'LL DO IT, IF IT'S WORTH IT... I GOT A PAIR OF white MOCCASINS TODAY... FINISHED DRESSING TABLE... LOOKS TRES BOOFANT... GEORGE ASKED LEONARD IF HE HAD A PIECE OF MY B. cake! DAMN! AFTER all my trouble!
1943