NOVEMBER 15

1939 12:30 Well, Happy Birthday! - I didn't think I'd be up so late that I'd see it before I went to bed, but here it is! - I'm free, blonde and 21 - I feel swell most of the time -
1940 12:05 Happy Birthday, Marion... Gee, didn't think I'd be up this year either... Thank Heaven I'm home in my own sweet bed - I'm glad I came home, Dance or no Dance (It would have been fun though)... I hardly knew if I wanted to leave, this aft... It would have been lonesome tomorrow... I must start facing things. In fact, I'm determined to.
1941 Sat God, what a day - I'm a nervous wreck. - Classes - making leetle sandwiche! Painted lettering - DJ, Phil, Beth + I ate hamburgers
1942 12:30 HELL - HERE I AM 24, I GUESS... AND STILL GRIPING INWARDLY about LAST NIGHT... SPENT MOST OF THE DAY MAKING LAMPSHADES, BOB + I WENT TO THE Orpheum AND THEN LISTENED TO Schubert AT STARKS... SAMPLED WINE WITH Leonard THIS MORN
1943