FEBRUARY 10

1939 12:10 Friday (Thank Heaven) I have another cold! Another 15 degree below day. - Had to use the tunnel once someone turned off the lights. It was awful - I cut out + basted up a dress tonight.
1940 Sat 2:45 And so I went... And even forgot to leer. Mailed P de P today. I am disappointed in myself I had really intended to do justice to those questions! I must watch myself w/ Spence
1941 Strangely enough, I did live! - Live to be disgusted with myself... Have doped it out that all I want is what I can't have... What I can have, I don't... That's all that's the matter with me... Have a lot to learn if I'm going to accomplish things. - Hell
1942 Just finished dialogue for Cr. Wr. - Hope I sleep - This new time is confusing. 
1943 11:05 WROTE 5 LETTERS OF APPLICATION; HOPE I HEAR FROM THEM... OVER AT Barnard IN DONNA'S ROOM.. GLADYS BORROWED A typewriter FOR ME... I ATE LUNCH WITH THEM... PEGGY DIDN'T HAVE TO USHER TONIGHT, SO WE HAD A WONDERFUL EVENING TOGETHER... I TOOK A BATH WHILE SHE WASHED HER HAIR. THEN I SCRUBBED HER BACK... JARV. CALLED TONIGHT... DATE SATURDAY. TREPIDATIONS.