FEBRUARY 7

1939 Tuesday 10:15 Horrible Day worked on Poster wrote a Fashion Column for Mirror Coughed all through Speech Class cold sores are depressing...
1940 Wed (2 fellas called + I wasn't home - ) ... And every bit as miserable this year only more "mentally" - I can't seem to work when I'm 'emotionally upset" (mad at somebody) Finally got  to work about dinner time - saw end of the game 
1941 12 And thank - God - it's Friday - Again! Helped Candy at B.B. Game. Day was vague and empty. Tried to get at Larry again. I wish I could help him, so to Jo -
1942 Sat. Eleanor's putting her hair up - Gee, makes me feel funny to know she's really going to start out a whole new existence, really. God, please let her be happy. She is one gal who deserves it.
1943 SUN 11:30 SLEPT LATE. READ THE FUNNIES JARV. BROUGHT FOR ME... HE CALLED JUST AS I WAS taking  A BATH, of course; WE WENT TO Arabian Nights IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD... HE CAME IN. Actually THOUGHT I WOULD LET HIM KISS ME IN THE PARLOR tsk tsk! I WROTE A 4 page LETTER TO MOTHER - ABOUT TIME. PEG + I WENT TO TEA - WHICH, with a NUT SANDWICH, about COMPRISED MY EATING FOR TODAY...