FEBRUARY 4

1939 12:00 Saturday. - Feel Rotten - Lousy. Should have stayed in bed - But when I should I don't want to. Went down town with E. + caught more cold...
1940 2:30 - Spent about 12 hrs. over a dr. board, and I still haven't really started that damn "dummy"! - There was a horrible 3 column cut in the Sun. Ed... Egad, you'd think I won the Prix de Paris! - (If I only could just place in that!)
1941 11- THOSE KIDS CAN CERTAINLY BE HELLISH. WISH I HAD BEEN RUGGEDER - HIENRICH CALLED - NOPE - I'M NOT SURE I WANT TO GO WITH HIM. ANYMORE - RATHER [HONEST] HE WERE "PLATONIC"... WENT TO BLANCHE'S PHIZZ-ED CLASS THIS EVENING - 
1942 12 Dammit 8:00 class tomorrow - (Next week'll be worse!) It was odd this morning I felt suddenly angry for really no reason at all + Both Wilber + Emil felt it right away. Though I'm sure I didn't show it! - Creative Wr. Took Mother + Eleanor to dinner - Wilber brought me a coke
1943 THURS 1:00 or so WENT DOWN with SARA THIS MORNING. KNOCKED MYSELF OUT LOOKING AROUND - AND FOR - Fields... MET SARA FOR LUNCH. WENT OVER TO THE Art Institute WAS GLAD. O'KEEFE SHOW + FRENCH SHOW - I COULD RECOGNIZE A GRATIFYING NO. OF THEM. GOT ON 3:31 TRAIN WITH NARROW MARGIN... ATE with Olaf GAL - SOMEONE BOUGHT US DRINKS. I TALKED ART WITH A LIEUTENANT intelligent.