FEBRUARY 11

1939 1:30 Didn't get around to sewing at all. - Virginia came over this afternoon. Tonight 6 of us went to the "Dawn Patrol"
1940 1:30 Sunday Ha! - finished the dummy - at long last... Drew from 11-4 - from 6-1 - At last I'm done...
1941 10:30 - Phooey, I'm going to bed... However, I still have good intentions... Have a little more than 3 months to accomplish things... (RADIO... HITLER, MUSSOLINI CONFERENCE...) Wish somebody'd snare them both at once. Party for Mildred at Franklin... B.B. Game (Freddie?)
1942 10:15 Was sick all night, practically -Felt better this afternoon... Designed the M. of Venice sets. Case drives me wild... Ruth Nelson coffee'd me over at the Huddle. She's swell. Kay J. has been complicating her life. Went over to the 
1943 1:15 WENT DOWN-TOWN, MET Peggy AT ALTMAN'S WHERE WE FOUND A SLICK red DRESS FOR HER; IT WAS RAINING, of course! - I BOUGHT A NEAT RED UMBRELLA... I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO APPLY FOR THE MODELING JOB... WE ATE SANDWICHES AT THE DRUG STORE (WHICH I'M GETTING SICK OF-) AND I WENT TO THE concert AT CARNEGIE HALL... DEEMS TAYLOR TOOK A BOW... LOTS of INTERESTING peepul. BEETHOVEN in A Major.