FEBRUARY 18

1939 2:20 - Peggy brought her room mate home with her this week-end. Marguerite had a luncheon for her. Nessa took us to dinner. Afterwards, we went to the show + then to Nessa's On a whole, rather dull, I guess. I've been feeling half wild  - Maybe I'm in love a little + not w/ Gary Cooper, either
1940 Sunday - 3:30 - Egad what a mess - If people weren't swell, I'd certainly be lost! - Leonard + Spence worked on Freshman panels...
1941 Tues Well, I guess the plays are going on the week before Easter... I hope they turn out okay... Hell, don't know when I'll have time to wok. Anymore (oh shut up, you're just lazy-) - Test papers - Short-stories - 
1942 Wednesday - 11:15 It's monotonous, I know. But Leonard seems to be more + more important. Creative writing was fun. Because we sat together + read our dialogue. It's damn cold -
1943 THURS BOB + I WENT TO Carnegie HALL. WE ALL ATE DINNER AT THE AUTOMAT FIRST... THIS MORNING BOB WAS LATE CALLING ME FOR BREAKFAST AND I WAS CONSEQUENTLY LATE ALL DAY... BOTH THE Eastman JOB + THE J. WALTER THOMPSON JOB ARE DEFINITE POSSIBILITIES. (HAVE FURTHER APTS. ) MET LOIS COWAN FOR LUNCH. WE WENT TO Chinatown. Gee - WHAT FOO-YUNG! ... (HAD TO TAKE A CAB!) SULLY GOT ME AN OPENING AT Loewy's!