FEBRUARY 8

1939 Wed 11:15 The Day Hideous. Worked eons on a poster to have the screening come out fuzzy. I could have cried. Eleanor is out w/ a married man! Horrors what have we come to? 
1940 Spence said I would probably get an "invite", but none seems to be forthcoming! - Sara, Marg + I went to "Call it a Day" C.T. play. I'm dying to be in one.
1941 11:00 Dammit! Saturday's gone... I had 4 drinks 3 over my capacity... Done up remarkably well, though... Freddie + I had been talking "etc" - until pract. now. Gee, he's sweet. I've got to watch out I don't fall in love with him!
1941 Only it's her husband, this time! - Gee, everything went lovely... Eleanor is really his now. Which is as it should be. They went up to Sioux City. Margeurite + I saw "Johnny Eager" - And talked. I am garrulous
1943 MON 1:00 I CAN'T IMAGINE why I'M SO DIZZY - PROBABLY BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN EATING right... L. SENT ME THE LAST 2 COMIC STRIPS FROM FLIDCORKIN - AND I HEARD FROM Mother... PEG + I ATE AT THE automat AND WENT TO Carnegie Hall...