FEBRUARY 15

1939 Wednesday I've almost finished the Book - It is bitter + hard. The day was quite awful... the good looking salesman I was in love with yesterday has an equally good looking wife! Such luck... (And he had the longest eyelashes!)
1940 Thursday 12:00 This morning doom cracked but it sealed up again - Ran around + helped Howard all day... Radio Skit with C.J... Ushered at C. Music Concert... D.J. + I ate pistachio nuts
1941 Sat. 12:45 - Hate to admit it but a dateless Sat. night is a little demoralizing... Or maybe it's just I'm used to the idea of having one... Spent energy + time cleaning up my class room
1942 ! Here we go again. We really talked. (Now, I don't know if hashing everything out is best or not!) Anyhow, I'm immensely reassured! - Gee, he actually intended to explain. Incidentally too bad I sopped it. we walked in the snow. He's talked as much as I think.
1943 MON (MIGOLLY I FORGOT TO RECALL THIS THE TOO LONG LETTER I JUST WROTE YOU, darn... ) TODAY WAS DEPRESSINGLY cold,  I JUST VENTURED OUT TO EAT and THAT'S ALL. I DID WRITE 3 FAT LETTERS OF APPLICATION, THOUGH... DONNA CAME OVER FOR A WHILE; PEGGY BROUGHT HOT CHOCOLATE HOME... WHICH WE JUST FINISHED with THE REST OF THE COOKIES Betty SENT HER.