FEBRUARY 16

1939 Thursday 12:30 And again we have lost a game to S.F.! I feel terrible because I know the fellas were badly hurt about it. Tommy injured his leg. How badly, I don't know. Someone else hopes W. is going to ask her to the J.S. And is doing plenty about it (He seems to know I'm sure, at any rate)
1940 Friday. Still nothing to paste. Engravers called for copy - Fellow hadn't seen anything... I was furious. Met Paul Engles today... He was marvelous tonight. I hope fellas get something done. 
1941 Sun 12- A dull day, darling... Reeves are certainly lovely to me... Wonderful dinner... Meat balls, macaroni, salad, fresh rolls, butterscotch pie... Wrote 6 letters today - Demoralizing
1942 10:30 Nice Monday (imagine!) Bob + Wilber + I ate at Huddle. We all went to a tea in the Eng. Dept. We'll have to have one too, now! - Talked at a society tonight. Hope I can give a decent lect. Tomorrow... I'm happy, I think.
1943 TUES. MIGOSH, Bob DID COME; AND WITH Peggy OUT! I WAS glad TO ENTERTAIN HIM, THOUGH; FOR A WHILE... HE SAID Leonard WANTED TO COME BADLY! I DIDN'T GO OUT TODAY EITHER. IT'S STILL COLD. PEG CAME IN, STARRY eyed...